The month’s half over, so it’s about time for me to start planning on how I’m going to promote my book, The Goat: Building The Perfect Victim for October. The book was officially released on October 1, 2016, so you can see how well I am doing.
So, in the interested in publicly shaming myself and working this post into something possibly educational (if only to future me). Here are my goals that I need to hit and the monetary impact that they will have on present me and that stranger, future me.
- Get the word out on The Goat appearing as a Pitch Perfect nominee on the Underground Book Review. I need to get people to vote for The Goat. What do I win? Bragging rights and a book review. A good honest review is priceless, so it is a prize worth winning.
- Speaking about reviews, I need to contact many book bloggers and suggest that The Goat, despite not being a traditional M/M romance book, might be worth their time to read and review. Or maybe even interview me. So, if you have a book blog, I may get to you soon. Of course, seeing my organizational skills in action, you might be better off contacting me directly thru the contact page.
- I need to hook up with the Horror Writers Guild, and, if not join (because I am short of funds), I need to read all the instructions to get The Goat considered for the Bram Stoker. Don’t laugh, it could happen.
- I just joined The Bi Writers Association. There’s a Bi-Writers Annual Award that I would like to get in on. There’s some forms to fill out and an entry fee of $20. It seems pretty straight forward; I just got to talk Weasel into sending them a free physical copy.
- I made a Project Wonderful account. I even made one ad and I have my target: The Big Closet, a Transformation website. So, spoiler alert, The Goat has transformation in it. I just need to join the website (not really needed for Project Wonderful, but it was a cool website from way back when and I’d like to know how the ads are placed and who sees them. I do not see any skyscraper ads… and that was the one I made…) I also need to move monies over to PayPal.
- I already belong to Queer Sci Fi. They sent me a form to fill out to get The Goat announced. That sounds affordable because it’s free.
- I need to organize an m-bag of queer books for STOP-Homophobia. Not only is this an important organization and mission, but they have a book of the month page. The giveaway copies of the BOTM. I want in on that; but its almost cheaper to send 20 books to the UK rather than 2 copies. So Weasel, Thurston Howl, and maybe one or two more are going to send them 10 titles. It’s evil; but all in a good cause.
- Update all my myriad biographies all over the web.
So, that’s the plan. None of it is really as overwhelming as it seems, except perhaps the Horror Writers Guild. Navigation into the process was a bit overwhelming a few weeks ago (but in my defense, I was battling depression at the time). Making a list helped, but don’t tell anyone I said so.